Allergic to wool?

Well, after a complete vet check, including acupuncture point checks and
riding with saddle on and off, I have a real dilemma. Remember the "twitching
horse" that Susan G had talked about? It really struck home because I have a
mare with the same problem. I am getting her selenium levels checked, but
here in AZ the selenium is so low most all horses are deficient. Anyway,
after all this, the vet thought I should check and see if she could possibly
be allergic to wool. He suggested that I change from my beloved Toklat
woolback pad to something else and see if that didn't help. Now....could
anyone recommend a pad that works as well as the woolback but that doesn't
have the wool in it? The reason I liked the woolback so well is that it
seemed to really keep the moisture from building up, didn't slip, and was
just an all around good pad. I have a Stubben Survival saddle so I need a pad
that fits this saddle. Thanks for any help! And any other suggestions!

Laura and Angel