Re: bonescans again

>  There is NO iodine in a bone scan dose. We use very little iodine in
Nucs. Mostly for thyroid or renal scanning.

I know we still have some iodine around being used in vet med, but not sure.
It's not something I've gotten heavily into (beyond passing the exam and
reading some results in horses we ran.) :-)

> >>What are alternatives that other people have tried?
>
> Radiographs, ultrasound, scintigraphy....what are you trying to find
out?<<
> Scintigraphy IS nuclear medicine. I do know they perform scans at Santa
Anita. Sorry to correct you, but there are so many myths about nucs out

No, you were correct to do so.  You're right, scin is nuc med---I'm pretty
tired this week, been on call at night so getting by on not much sleep.
:-))))

Glad you had a good explanation (which made perfect sense to me, BTW). :-)

Susan G