Horse bedding/stall/manure Question

Hey all!! Well- Sam is being kept permanently in the
stall for right now- its concrete w/ a rough broom
finish for good traction, but it has thick rubber
matts over the concrete to hopefully make it easier on
his legs.

I live on the Oregon coast- we are in mud and muck for
about 9-10 months out of the year. So I give him
bedding of straw- then its cleaned out and put in the
manure pile. Because of the wet climate, it breaks
down quit quickly and the soil can be put to good use
around the field or in mom's flower beds.

In June, Dad, Grandpa and I will be relocating to
Bend, Or where we have 10 acres. Mom and my younger
brother will stay here w/ two of the dogs while he
continues school. I'm going to be a senior next year,
and looking forward to a change of scenery and a
better climate for the horses.

My question is- for those of you in Central oregon, or
even eastern oregon- where do you keep your horses? In
stall most of the time- turned out in a dry lot? in a
pasture for short intervals each day? What kind of
floors do you have in your stalls? Do you have
concrete? dirt? clay? gravel? Do you use straw or
sawdust or shavings for bedding? Any bedding at all?
Rubber matts?

If they are in stalls, for what time of the year, and
only at night, or all day or?? When in the snow- how
do you deal w/ snow balls in their hooves?

By the way, Dad is a builder- has been for over 20
years of owning his own business. We will be building
our own barn from scratch- thats why I'm being so
picky- i want it to be the best it can be for my
horses and the climate to maintain their peak health
while getting exercise. We will be raising our own hay
on one of the fields, but there is plenty of room for
open paddocks, a round pen, and a turn out pasture,
all of which I want to have eventually, if not sooner.

I so badly want to find a young Arab or Arab cross
that I can have a partnership with for long trail
rides. Endurance has interested me for most of my
life- I've just never had the chance to get started.
Thunder is the love of my life- but I'm telling you-
It would be very foolish of me to take him to a ride.
He, I, or another horse or rider could very easily be
seriously hurt. He is not intentionally mean at all-
just looses his ability to use common sense. Running
stupid.

Now that I've totally ruined my whole point for
posting this question- any and all impute would be
most appreciated! Thank you so much!

Kelsey
and the horses of course!

=====