Re: Sam Update! :)

> The vet explained that you use the Furozone (Furacin-- my spelling is
> off tonight and I'd have to go down to the barn to get the generic name)
> to produce the granulation to fill in the wound, then around 14 days

Just a quick comment that the newest information is NOT to use furacin on
fresh wounds, as it decreases wound healing by 25% (in other words, you're
worse off than if you used nothing) and so is more likely to produce proud
flesh.  If you use a triple antibiotic cream, the average wound healing is
*increased* by 25% (that's a good thing) and so you're less likely to get
proud flesh formation.

We just got that in surgery lecture a few weeks ago and was published in the
Journal of Equine Surgery.  Pretty cool information.  At the CSU-VTH, we
only use furacin for leg sweats.

Susan G