Re: RC: Sam Update! :)

Hi Kelsey
After you trim some of that proud flesh, you might want to get Panalog
ointment and keep it on it. Does really well to eliminate the excess
proud flesh. Then I use Horseman's Dream when the worst is over and I
want the hair to grow back in the normal color--- not white (unless a
gray, of course :-) )
The vet explained that you use the Furozone (Furacin-- my spelling is
off tonight and I'd have to go down to the barn to get the generic name)
to produce the granulation to fill in the wound, then around 14 days
later you use the Panalog to stop too much granulation (some use
Granulex at that point but Panalog works great for me) and then there is
Horseman's Dream which is a mixture of vitamins and Aloe Vera---
absolutely great for scrapes and promoting hair growth.
Glad to hear your horse is healing well.
Bette