No Subject (but really vaccine reaction)

Like Karens horse Weaver, my gelding also had a vaccine reaction.
In subsequent years they worsened, until he reacted to every vaccine (different vaccines for different
diseases, didn't matter what it was.)
l I had to make the decision stop them all  vaccines or risk killing him. The worst was
a post vaccination seizure in 1997.
 Along with other symptoms his sheath was also
enormous.

His sheath in winter will still swell when it's really cold and he's idle for a long
period of time.

The general consenus  beleives it to be permanent damage somewhere in the lymphatic vessles, in that area, allowing lymph to leak out under certain conditions.  Maybe scar tissue? No ones really
sure.

In any case, I'm not comforted by the statistics that only one half of one percent of all horses
get adverse reactions.  I just think most are not reported, or go mis-diagnosed.

Before anyone gets upset that I'm not vaccinating.  He's titered regularily for Rabies and tetnaus.
(and 5 years after his last Rabies vaccine his titre maxes out (over 1:2500) and 6 years
after his last tetnaus shot his protection level is 25X.

Barb