Re: RC: Re: Complete Feed Recommendations

At 07:48 PM 03/14/2001 -0700, Susan Garlinghouse wrote:
>I happen to like Complete Advatage, I think it's a good feed.  But I
>wouldn't feed it without some other source of log sem fiber---hay or grazing
>of some sort.  Without crunching numbers, I think a max of half of the
>horse's daily ration in the form of CA, and the rest as hay (preferably
>grass hay) is about right.

Awwww come on, crunch, crunch baby crunch!!!!

Or, just figure that 10-12 pounds a day outta be okay if you're also
feeding about 20 pounds of hay a day, and 3-4 pounds of BP?  Would there be
any *need* to feed anything else than CA, BP, and grass hay (and maybe a
little alfalfa)?

Karen