Re: Complete Feed Recommendations

I'm assuming that you'll have some way of carrying feed with you on/in
something other than the horse's back.

I happen to like Complete Advatage, I think it's a good feed.  But I
wouldn't feed it without some other source of log sem fiber---hay or grazing
of some sort.  Without crunching numbers, I think a max of half of the
horse's daily ration in the form of CA, and the rest as hay (preferably
grass hay) is about right.

Susan G

> I am looking for a COMPLETE feed that I can give my Icelandic horses while
> riding across the U.S.  I would love to hear what some of you might
recommend
> I use.  We will be traveling 20 to 25 miles per day with 1 1/2 days of
rest
> every 5 days or so.  We'll be packing a lot of the time but grazing will
be
> difficult at times.  I would prefer a beet pulp based complete feed but
I'm