strangles vacs

betty bettywashburn@worldnet.@att.net
My vet told me that the "nasal" vaccine is less likely to
cause an adverse reactionn than the injection type vaccine.
He also said that either type is about 60% effective in
preventing strangles.  However, after vaccinating, if the
horse does come down with it, vet says that the course will
be much less severe.  This particular vet doesn't recommend
vaccinating for strangles UNLESS the horses will be in
circumstances like our rides....close proximity, sharing H20,
etc.