Re: Re: Club foot vs. laminitis, Cushing's dz.

#1...I don't believe my guesses were wild assed at all.  We have taken a lot of time, research and  thought as well as made many, many phone calls in trying to help the owner find some answers.
#2...If you are implying that Nelson "caused" the club foot, you are barking up the wrong tree.  The mare has always had a mild club foot.  And I never said anything about shoeing....she has always been barefoot.  The owner is the one talking heartbars.  Treating a club foot is far different from treating a laminitic one.
#3...Laminitis is an inflammation of the laminae while founder is sinking of the coffin bone.  We do not feel she is currently experiencing any inflammation nor is there evidence of separation in the x-rays indicating founder.  In light of the one past episode with an abscess and the possibility she has Cushings, we definitely need to watch her for future bouts of laminitis.
#4...For whatever reason you feel compelled to make an argument here.  That was not my intention in writing to RC and I apologized previously to Steph for being off topic.  At this point, we have offered what information we can to the owner and it is up to her to follow up.  Anyone who wants to find out what happens to her may e-mail me privately and I'll be happy to share the outcome.
Maggie