Re: RC: Do I still want to do endurance?

First and foremost,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and that is definitely the priority for the
next couple of years!  Just with that happening in your life you will be
giving yourself and your fine steed a well deserved sabbatical from the
sport.  But I can assure you, try and switch disciplines and you will always
want to go back in your heart.  I had Arabians for years with many hours in
the saddle and thought after having two children I should consider the milder
side of riding.  I bought a 4 yr. old Belgian/quarter mare thinking she was
the perfect animal for the "family," with the calming effect I needed after
my Arabs.  NOT.  I am still on ridecamp everyday, read my TB religiously,
looking so forward to spring here in the mountains for the rides to begin,
even though I don't have the right horse, call me a "groupie" now.  I am once
again horse hunting.

If you truly love the sport, my opinion is that you always will, and even if
you retire your horse from it, you won't.  In some facet, you will always be
involved or long to be.

Enjoy the most precious gift of all....motherhood for now.