Re: RC: Do I still want to do endurance?

rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< I'm glad to say my horse's ears are up when I come to get him
 out of his corral the morning of the ride and he's pulling me to the
 start. Ever seen a barrel horse drag their rider to the ring? >>

I was thinking about this also, as I've been planning to use my TWH mare in
endurance.  I was thinking, we're not going to be "competitive," this isn't
supposed to be her sport, etc, etc.  However, my mare, Special, just loves to
go.  She has done CTR before, and we've ridden safety at a CTR.  She nickers
every time she sees me, but won't come to me generally.  If, however, I walk
out with her saddle, she comes at a run.  If I have the trailer hooked to the
truck, she's pacing the fence and nickering constantly until I come to get
her.  Once, I was just taking a mare to be checked in foal and Special just
went nuts when I loaded the other mare in the trailer.  Reared and pawed the
air, started screaming like a stallion.  Sulked and turned her back on me for
two days.  She just loves the trailer and going out on the trail with me.  I
can't imagine her being happy in any other sport.  And I can't imagine my
life without her.

Rhonda