Rump Rugs

  I have used the rump rugs that Teddy sells and they are the best at
staying in place in the wind.  They do have a strap that goes loosely under
the tail.  If you insist on having one that attaches to the back of your
saddle that one will work best.
  My favorite ones and also better at keeping a horse's butt warm go under
the saddle between the blanket and the saddle.  They are made of a wool
blend fiber.  They are also much heavier, but breathe well and even keep
them warm in rain.  They will come down the sides lower and DO NOT move.  I
used one without the strap under the tail and it did move a bit too, but
never with the strap in place.  I'm not sure who makes them as I won them as
awards.  I believe Horse Clothes by ET made one.
Roberta Harms