(no subject)

Howard writes:

"My point is if the members worked together, as a cohesive team, with the
same
goals, money would not be such a problem.  It can be attained quite easily if
everybody's on the same page."

Just from the amount of controversy and flaming on ridecamp, I doubt that
will ever happen!  The best thing about endurance riding and AERC is that
each person comes to it for their own reasons, and that is ACCEPTED!

I support AERC by joining.  If dues go up, I will still join, because AERC is
a source of information and record keeping.  Everything else (except my
wages) has gone up significantly.  Should AERC have to try to make PROGRESS
on last century's dollars?   That's the issue, as I see it.  AERC is solvent,
but that should not be the only financial goal.

Since I have only been doing 2-4 LD rides a year, there is no financial
benefit for me to join AERC.  I do like EN, color format is great, but I wish
there were more information articles along with the current AERC news.   I
would like to step up to 50's this year, but that will only happen if I find
a horse capable of it.  I value the information in EN, and look forward to it
on a monthly basis to get and keep me motivated.  (Not that motivation is a
problem when it comes to horses and riding!)  But sometimes I get stuck in a
rut and something new, an article or ride story, will put things into a new
perspective.  As far as going online with EN, it may be great for some, but I
like hard copies.  In my 800 square foot house I have about 6-10 years of at
least 12 diffierent horse related magazines.  No particular order to them,
unfortunately, but trying to put them in order brings me back into contact
with information I wasn't ready for when it arrived.   I even import
magazines!  Thanks again Louise.   Just my take on the current skirmish.  jeri