comments 100 posts

> > " ALL of our members receive the
> > Endurance News, but only a few receive year-end awards."

Lots of people buy lottery tickets, and only a few win the big prize. If
they quit giving out any prizes and cut the price of the tickets will
they make more money?  I'll bet you quite a few of the people who got a
year end jacket...or whatever didn't know they were going to do that well
when they paid their dues.

My server has been down for 2 days so you'll have to bear with me, just
sorted through 100 messages.  First. Forget any complaints I made about
sofa throws or anything else...cause I hate patches! It sounds good in
theory but I've only seen one person who actually sewed her mileage
patches and  a bunch of ride patches on a jacket.  She looked like a
suitcase from a traveling salesman.  I was at a ride once where the
manager decided to give patches at the last minute after advertising a
T-shirt for completion and I thought there was going to be a riot. Boy
were the riders ticked. The one I got is stuck down in a mug that I won
somewhere else in my book case. My highest mileage chevron is stuck to my
fridge with a "Ride Till You Puke" magnet. >g< Bill takes it down when
his weak stomached dad comes over. Please...>whimper< couldn't we just
keep getting jackets? >sniff<

And for the person who insinuated you had to be big budget to get a year
end award... I gave $700 for my horse, $1800 for my 2 horse  trailer (7
or 8 years ago, pretty rusty now) and drove a 1979 pickup until last
year.  The rider who is 1st and 2nd in the points in the SE still pulls a
stock trailer.  Goat...one of the very best in the SE was tied to a 2
horse bumper pull.  However...there's quite a few soft horses tied to big
aluminum trailers with pretty soft riders sleeping nice an comfortable
inside. >eg<

P.S. I wrote that article she mentioned on bumming trailer rides...one of
the first things I ever got published. :-))

Angie

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.