Wintec vs. custom

I've been moaning about my saddle not fitting to my husband and he has
finally stated that when my horse and I get back to our "average" shape, I
can get a custom saddle -- if I really have to and if I swear that's the last
saddle we buy for at least five years.  Ye-haw.  However, being the research
oriented kind of guy he is, he actually looked at ridecamp archives --
amazing, isn't it?  He now wants to know what's wrong with the Wintec where
you can change gullets and use the saddle on different horses.  He pointed
out that we own ten horses and ten different gullets cost a heck of a lot
less than ten different saddles.  He also pointed out that I could buy the
Wintec right away and just buy new gullets as the horse lost weight.  So,
other than the fact that I ride Western and the Wintecs with the changeable
gullets are English or Dressage saddles, what do I say to him?

Any and all information would be appreciated, but I have a few specific
questions after looking at and sitting in two Wintecs.
1.  Can I use my EZ ride stirrups with the Wintecs?
2.  I liked the dressage saddle better than the All purpose saddle.  Is it
okay to use the dressage saddle for endurance or is there some drawback that
I'm not aware of?
3.  If the dressage saddle is okay for endurance, where do you hook stuff
when using a dressage saddle for endurance?  There were only two d-rings on
the saddle for the breast collar
4.  Equus magazine contained an advertisement for a new gizmo -- sits under
an English style saddle like a saddle blanket and has a bunch of d-rings on
it to attach water bottles, etc.  Has anyone tried one of these?  Did it
interfere with the fit of your saddle?
5.  Can I use my regular breast collar with an English style saddle, or do I
need to buy a new one of those as well as new girths?

I have looked into custom saddles by Anne George and Desoto saddles, so any
comparisons to those two saddles vs. the Wintecs would be helpful.  Thank you.

Rhonda