[Fwd: Re: RC: EN]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RC:  EN
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:41:03 -0500
From: Jim Holland <lanconn@tds.net>
To: truman.prevatt@netsrq.com

Truman....

The only comments I saw on this were negative, so I didn't suggest it,
but I agree that we do need to consider this.  Maybe the AERC membership
doesn't come with hard copy...that's extra.  NOVELL used to send me
reams of technical bulletins that I had to file...and then I could never
find what I wanted because my filing system left much to be desired.
When they went to an online format, it was much easier and I could
search, read, print anything I wanted selectively.  They offered a
subscription for "x" dollars in hardcopy and less "x" dollars for online
with a password. Only problem was they used some clunky reader program
of their own to access them instead of a standard like Acrobat.

I would prefer that we NOT do this.  I prefer to think of EN not as a
technical journal, but as a magazine along the lines of Trail Blazer or
Equus.

Personally I like online stuff.  I have several databases I have scanned
to a zip drive to make them easier to find.  I do that with some EN
articles that I want to refer back to. ACROBAT makes this very easy.

Jim and Sun of Dimanche

--
Richard T. "Jim" Holland                 Phone:  (706) 258-2830
LANCONN, Inc.                            FAX:    (706) 632-1271