Re: RC: Awards, EN, etc.

In a message dated 01/04/2001 10:02:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Let's face it.  The current staff of the AERC is incompetent to publish
 a high quality, fancy color magazine; bankrupting the organization in an
 attempt to get into the magazine publishing business is hardly an
 appropriate thing to do with the membership's funds--especially if, as
 Steph suggests, that funds are short.

 The AERC should leave magazine publishing to magazine publishers.  >>

The current staff of AERC is responsible for the high quality of the magazine
as it is today.  They are the ones who brought it up from a mediocre magazine
to an educational, as well as visually stunning one.  And they have saved
vast amounts of money doing it.  It WAS as one time published by professional
publishers, and it was costing a great deal more than it does today.  Also,
I'm not sure why it is the EN that is taking the most of the flak for the
costs of running the office.  There are a great many other aspects that are
costly......phone bill, postage (big cost), even office rent.
I think it's time to stop beating the horse and come up with some positive
input.

Barbara