Mixing electrolytes

<<I am using endura max electrolytes and am pleased with how it works,
but I am
having problems with the stuff setting up like concrete in the syringes.
have tried splitting the dose between 2 60 cc syringes but it still does
it.
I use applesauce to mix and the syringes have the small tips, I tried
cutting
the openings larger but it didnt help. Has anyone had this happen, also,
do
they make syringes with a wider opening, but still with a cap to carry
with
you?>

Hi Shelly,
Before leaving for the 20-Mule Team ride last weekend, I mixed up a
batch of EnduraMax 'lytes in the blender along with some applesauce and
a capful of ProBi per dose. I sprayed olive oil cooking spray into the
syringes before loading. The blender idea has been recommended for
carbs, but it works great for the lytes, too. Play with the consistency
until it's dilute enough to dose easily (add a tiny bit of water if
necessary), but not so much that it gets runny. Also, I put a piece of
masking tape over the tip of each syringe, then replaced the cap, and it
stayed on much better than with just the cap. Carried it all in my
Snugpax and it worked fairly well, although some of the syringes were
pretty busted up by the end of 65 miles. The carbs settled a little more
and turned thicker but were still easy to dose.
Hope this helps a bit. It's nice not having to mix the electrolytes by
lantern light the night before the ride or at the vet checks. ;-)
Bobbie and April