Re: RC: Rails-to-trails

Michelle, Like anyone at a job, someone can have a bad day.  And what I've
seen
over the years is that most hikers and bikers and what not, just don't
understand that horses and other trail users can mix.  And yes, we do need
some
good footing.  BUT, if I were you, I'd saddle ole Rocket up, put some pads on
or Easyboots and begin to use the trail.  Once you are on it, its a lot harder
for them to take it away!  And besides, if you spend some time letting folks
get to know ole Rocket, well, you just might make some new friends and convert
them to endurance riding!!!  Jerry

>I have an spur of the Burlington-Northern that was donated to the
Rails-to-Trails thing. The local officials made a big to do about it,
including
an article in the paper. It said that the trail was going to be left gravelled
for "bikers and hikers". I called the so called rep for Rails to Trails and
asked, what about horses, are there any plans to make it accessible to
horses?
>The woman on the phone said, "Well, we're leaving it graveled, anybody can
ride on it." I told her that gravel and horses don't mix very well, and was
there any plan to bare a strip so that horses could travel on something other
than gravel. She said, and I quote, "Oh, I am so tired of you horse people
always wanting us to change everything just for you." and hung up.

>I remember that conversation every time I get another Rails-To-Trails begging
letter in the mail. And I throw the damn stuff into the recycle bin.

<http://www.endurance.net/>http://www.endurance.net.
<http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp>http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp