Re: Outlook

Hi Judith!

You are using "OUTLOOK".  You could download a copy of
"OUTLOOK EXPRESS" from the Microsoft website (free
with INTERNET EXPLORER), but to use "OUTLOOK", go
to TOOLS/RULES WIZARD and follow the HELP icon.

For example, make a "RULE" that states: "Move messages
sent from RIDECAMP to RIDECAMP folder".

The screen will say "Apply this rule after message arrives"

You type (without the quotes ("):
"from RIDECAMP"
"move it to the RIDECAMP folder"

You may have to experiment a little so you get all messages
into the folders you want. The software must be able to recognize
something common to all messages for that folder (All messages
from RIDECAMP have "RC" in the SUBJECT.

You will type another rule from "Move messages based on content"
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with 'specific words' in the subject or body
move it to the 'specified' folder

The words between the " ' " marks  ("specific words" and "specified")
will be underlined and in color.
Replace them with what YOU want. I.e.
'specific words' will become 'RC'
'specified' will become 'RIDECAMP'

"BOOLEAN" algebra is a method of expressing logical steps using
"IF", "THEN", etc. For example: "IF SUBJECT contains 'RC" THEN
move to folder 'RIDECAMP'.  You will see that if you use OUTLOOK
EXPRESS, but Microsoft give you a simplified way to do it.

Is this any help?

John and Meshack
http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association