Re: RC: tying up in real life

John and Sue,

My husband had a morgan mare that would "tie-up",  or another word for
it is axoturia.
About 20 to 30 minutes into the work,  she would start to sweat
profusely and tremble.
We would give her about a cup of baking soda and water in a plastic pop
bottle,  and with in 15 or 20 minutes she would be just fine and we
could continue back to the barn or trailer.  We would discontinue the
ride or work period.    With mild walking.
This seemed to work for us till we figured out why she was tying up.
She was having monday morning blues, after a day or two with no
exercise.   We started working her 15 or 20 minutes a day on the hot
walker even on her days off,  and the problem went away.

That's my only experience with the condition.     Not scientific but
trail tested and worked.

Rebecca--Underwood Enterprizes--1-541-826-9668--Oregon
Home of the Treeless Saddles and other quality horse/mule/donkey and pet
products