Re: Re: CRI

HEAR From: <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>
To: <Tivers@aol.com>; <Petdoc6@aol.com>; <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 10:10 AM
Subject: RC: Re: CRI

> And no, we are not out to "save" the horses from the "stupid" people.
This
> sport is sufficiently time intensive and complex that we really don't meet
> very many "stupid" people out there

.  Most actively participate in the
> evaluations of their horses and in the decisions to pull them.  >

>And no, we are not out to "save" the horses from the "stupid" people.  This
sport is sufficiently time intensive and complex that we really don't meet
very many "stupid" people out there--some that don't know much yet, sure,
but
even most of those are striving to learn.  Most actively participate in the
evaluations of their horses and in the decisions to pull them.....<
                                     ****
You are too kind, Heidi.. I have seen, and know, riders who may not be
"stupid" but are so driven that they will "win at all cost" and if the vet
gets in their way there will be hell to pay for the vet. (bad mouthing,
arguing, protesting.....) and so it seems that these types are sometimes
allowed a little more latitude just to save the hassle. (or so it seems to
me).
Then there are the plain stupid ones who don't know and don't know that they
don't know and will push their horses far beyond their conditioning level or
miles on the horses legs should dictate. For them, finishing in the top five
proves what a wonderful horse they have or what wonderful horsemen they are.
Sometimes, they do have a most wonderful horse but it is a certainty that
the horse will be looking for a new home in a couple of years and one
wonders how far that horse could have gone had he been handled and managed
with some degree of sensitivity and intelligence.
Pat Super....
still trying to figure out how to play this game of endurance