Re: RC: trailer floor

In a message dated 02/19/2000 5:40:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
KC85124@UAFSYSB.UARK.EDU writes:

<< Hi, wanting to know the pros and cons of aluminum floors in horse trailers.
 Was wondering how they would drain or if they would corrode with the urine.

Drainage ... you park on a slope.  As for corrosion, all the big livestock
transport trailers have aluminum diamond plate floors.  They must hold up or
the companies that build them would find some other material to use.  We have
a 20' gooseneck livestock trailer into which we built LQs.  The horse area is
covered with rubber trailer mats to prevent slippage.  We also haul cattle in
it and wash the floors and walls (and park on a slope to drain) when we
finish.

Barbara