Re: RC: Suspensory Injuries

Hi Shelly

I read that your friend is doing LSD but then you say she's been doing a
lot of extended trot.  I have been told and seen (much to my chagrin)
that extended trot is one of the hardest gaits on a horse's legs,
especially one starting conditioning.  Very very hard on the
suspensories.

I was told I would be better off to slow canter than to let my boy do
what he wants which is an extended trot when he really wants to go.
That flick when they reach the apex of the reach is what finishes them
(espespecially after a few miles of it).  This is where the dressage
training might come in very useful.

Don't know if this is the answer but it makes sense to me
elaine