Suspensory Injuries

I've been meaning to post this for my friend. She has an Arab gelding that
after about 6 months of LSD work injured his left front - vet said
suspensory, later confirmed by ultrasound. Horse had awful shoe job with no
heels but had also been playing (like an idiot) in a slick muddy pasture. She
gave him several months off, got an excellent farrier, and started him back
very slowly. Almost exactly a year later he injured the same leg, but lower
this time (ultrasound showed two different injury sites). She had been
crossing some ditches, which were slick and muddy. He had been doing LSD
work, no speed work yet. Horse is around 14H and 725 lb? Rider and tack
around 155 lb. Horse's legs are straight. She had been doing alot of extended
trotting. We have no hills here. I guess thats the details. Questions...does
it sound like this horse has a weakness in that leg? if the second injury was
4 months ago, when should work resume(he has been sound for probably 3 months
now.)

                                         Thanks - Shelly