Re: RC: corral surfacing?

We filled in with recycled concrete. When the trucks have concrete left they
run it through a machine to reclaim the sand and rocks. The stuff we got is
coarse sand with some small rocks(not enough to worry about). It was free
because we hauled it and knew the plant owner, but is probably still cheaper
than first rate fill for you. I feed 1 cup of generic metamucil 5 days each
month to remove sand(our soil is very sandy anyway). Equus magazine had an
article a few months back about mud problems, they mentioned 'hog fuel' which
is some type of wood chips that doesn't rot fast and make an even bigger
mess. I have never heard of this stuff, but Delaware just got indoor plumbing
last week, too, so maybe you have access to it.

                                           Shelly