RE: BAWDY HUMOR & STUFF

OK, I really have to step in here with another view of this whole raunchy
joke thing.  I must admit, I opened this latest digest and haven't opened
the six others that came in overnight, so I don't know what the content of
the twinkie issue has become overnight.
Here's the problem:  I, like many others I know, only have a computer at
work.  That's where I pick up ridecamp digest.  Our company has an email
policy about what is acceptable and what is not.  Because of the litigious
nature of sexual harassment suits in the workplace, emails of the sometimes
cute but often raunchy sexual jokes fall into the unacceptable category.
This means that the kind of thing that the twinkie thread fell into can
become a performance issue for folks like me, whose companies have strict
email policies.
Please don't tell me to just delete it.  That doesn't work.  Don't say it's
only innuendo because last time I checked, most HR departments frown heavily
on such "innuendo".  If it comes over the firewall into the computer at my
workspace, it becomes an potential issue for me.  I have written family and
friends and asked them not to send such jokes and chain letters to me.  I
dearly love ridecamp and find it often funny, informative, provocative and
touching.  I feel like I know everyone on the list personally  (at least
those who aren't just lurkers), so can I ask that before you send the
innuendo jokes, think about those of us who get this at work?  A big
Thanks!!
Barb