BAWDY HUMOR & STUFF

When I first joined Ridecamp as a 66 YO Newbie, I wanted all
I could get in horse care, training, and conditioning, and was
VERY disappointed to find so much trivia and "ME TOO's"
(particularly the lengthy ones from that farrier's wife in Michigan <g>).

I made suggestions and tried to get this forum more on topic, but
finally realized that in Steph's words "it's like herding cats".

I changed from the Digest to individual messages and set up
my email program to put Ridecamp posts in a separate folder
organized by date and grouped by subject. Now it's fairly easy
and quick to delete the "Fluff".

As I met more and more Distance Riders I was particularly
impressed with their friendliness and earthy humor. I got put on
more and more email joke lists and was initially shocked at
the bawdy and sometimes RAUNCHY jokes females were
sending me.

I now find that the humor adds a pleasant dimension to Ridecamp,
and look forward to contributions from Angie, Howard and others.
I even try to make my own modest contribution.

I am surprised that any Ridecamper could find offense in the
"Twinkie" thread, and I am of a generation that should be most
easily offended at this.  I KNOW my grandkids would get a laugh
out of it. My GREAT Grandchildren are too young to understand <g>.

John and Meshack

http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association