Re: RC: Re: RE: Selenium problem

When I asked to have feed custom mixed at my local mill, they would not add
selenium stating that it was toxic in excesses and their mixer was not adequate
to insure proper distribution of such a toxic substance in a manner which would
render it not harmful to either my animals or to other mixes they may make in
this mixer for someone else.

I went to the mill less than ten miles away and they have mixed it in for for
ten years no...no problems.  I have them add "selenium 90" (I asked for sodium
selenate and they came up with this product) in the amount of 1 pound per 500
pounds of feed.  I had the resulting mix tested...it was well within acceptable
(although above their "normal") limits.

I live in a selenium deficient area and have had NO problems with tie-ups or
otherwise feeding this.  I feed NO supplements other than what I have mixed in
this feed batch every month.

I live in Ohio and my feed is mixed in Kentucky.

Teddy

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill