Re: RC: [Fwd: RC: Research at rides]

CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> snip

> It is not height itself to which long-time breeders object, but the fact that
> in
> attaining that height, as Jerry in Poland stated, they DO tend to lose their
> quality.  (As Tom observed in a recent post--the medium sized horses with big
> hearts tend to make the best flat track horses--wouldn't be at all surprised
> if it is for the same reason, although I have not taken the time to study the
> proportions of TB's as they relate to size.)  Thanks for sharing the fact
> that this phenomenon is also observed by astute breeders in other parts of
> the world.
>
> Heidi

Hello Heidi,

yes, there are not many "big" arabs perfoming at top level out
there. Do I
remember right with Rio being a smaller one? At the European
Youth Championship
last year here in Germany the Spanish Team had some nice arabs
with 155 - 160 cm
(15.1 - 15.3 ???), good confirmation. One of them got first
place, another one
BC.
I do have a second horse, Teddy (no, not Lancaster <vbg>), who
is 132 cm (13 hh
???). His father is a Haflinger of 150 cm (14.3), his mother a
pony (unknown
breed) of 125 cm (12.2,5 ????????). He is strong-boned (sp?)
with nice legs,
superb hooves etc. He can easy carry me for distances up to 60
or 80 km but he
isn't really trained for endurance. My girl-friend is ridning
him on some short
local rides up to 45 km. But, despite how it will look like, I
am sure that he
could also carry me on a 100 mile ride. Ok, we can not go with
the front-runners
and it will be better for us to have a technical course instead
of a high-speed
course, but maybe we are trying it next year. I will send you
some photos.

Wolfgang + Ninja 11 + Teddy (hey, here comes the six-legged
endurance horse ;-) )

Germany