Re: RC: juniors

In a message dated 2/13/00 9:54:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
firedancefarms@prodigy.net writes:

<<  I make them because it
 is good for them to clean up their horse and "present" it and get the sheet
 with the evaluation. >>
I think everyone should have to show up for BC.  I used to make all my
juniors show too.  I also made them prepare and give a speech at the
convention, if they won the national championship.  One year, no one made a
speech and Julie thought she would get out of it.  I spoke up and said, hey,
this kid worked on a speech and should get to give it.  She looked at her Mom
and said do I have too.  Her mom said yeah, do what Maryben tells you.....Her
speech was great too.

My juniors have only two rules since the very first who was 5 and is now 23.
No whining and do what Maryben tells you.  It has worked great.......mb