conditioning effects hoof

My new filly age 4 had never been shod, after breaking her and riding
her for 2 months we decided to shoe the front only, probably will shoe
the hind feet when I start to condition her this spring.  Anyway farrier
felt she had good tough feet, but the toes were out in front and the
heels were long enough but slanted forward.  He kept trimming the heels
down and cutting the toe back each trim and then each trim after we
starting shoeing her(flat shoes not wedges).  After about 9 months he is
now able to leave heel longer because it is now growing down more
straight and now the toe doesn't seem to shoot out as fast, but we can't
go any longer than 6 weeeks between trims.
  Louise WV