Re: RC: Selenium

I have blood pulled every year for Se testing. The lab the vet uses is
Michigan State Univ, if memory serves me. They, I believe, are about the
only one that does Se testing any more. The results that come back are
total Se levels and serum Se levels. I have found the correct
supplementation (given this is FL the levels are probably higher than one
would use other places) to keep the levels in the reccomended range and
that is what I use.

Truman

Sarah Ralston wrote:

> >Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:02:34 -0600
> >To: rayna777@uswest.net
> >From: Sarah Ralston <ralston@aesop.rutgers.edu>
> >Subject: Selenium
> >
> Where are you getting the blood selenium samples run?
> It is a notoriously difficult mineral to assay correctly-
> huge variations can be seen even with the same sample. Since
> you are in Washington State which is in the low Se area, adding
> up to 10 mg per day might be indicated but 28 mg is getting
> into the toxic range!--

Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com