Research at rides

I've done studies using my handy dandy portable scale at competitions before
and would be willing to do it again, as long as I could still ride-which
would mean a legion of volunteers to ttake down the data, etc! Old Dominion
and the Vermont 100 are within access to me. Frank Andrews  at the
University of Tennessee also has a portable scale and might be interested
for you guys in the south. Weighing and measuring horses costs nothing
other than the transportation there and back (and repair of the poor scales
if it breaks down.) The real costs come in if blood work is to be done and,
as Bob alluded, publication costs.
There real problem is getting the people motivated, both to coordinate a
study, riders to cooperate (though I've found Endurance riders to be
wonderfully accpomodating-especially if they can get their horse weighed!)
and the necessary volunteers to get the data down correctly.
Sarah and Fling