Re: RC: Research at rides

Hi Sarah
I had a thought (I'm downright dangerous when it's raining outside and
I'm trapped indoors): if the people whom Ti is working with, i.e. the
sheiks, are already riding the larger horses, as he just said, there
might be very little motivation for them to prove anything along this
direction, their efforts being directed toward more pressing matters
such as heart rate, vascular walls, chemical and hormonal balances, etc.
I really haven't a clue as to who would want to fund this project other
than heavyweight riders who want to find out what their options are or
breeders who do not produce any larger Arabians. I produce both so that
knocks me out (not to mention costs) but I do think it would be a really
worthwhile scientific study and one that I would like to read about. Of
course, I could be wrong about the sheiks; they could want to explore
every avenue as relates to endurance racing and they certainly have the
means to do it. I would hope this sends a message to anyone who would
put them or their methods down (as I heard repeatedly at one ROC ride a
few years back where my kids and myself were one of the only ones to
extend them hospitality-- or so they told us---very sad).
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov