Re: weight and horse size

Dear Bob
I don't suppose a survey could be done of the big milers asking for
weight and height of their horses and themselves (I realize most of us
don't like to talk about weight, Heh, heh--but in the interest of
science?). It would not be as scientific or accurate as the one you
describe but perhaps it could give a rough direction to the research
without a lot of money expended. How accurate are the weight tapes,
anybody know? That might eliminate the horse scales if ballpark
accurate. I don't know. I guess we should ask Ti if this type of
research would yield anything valuable at all since it would somewhat
depend on the "honor system" for weights and height (and we all know
about the "Arabian" yardstick that is some times used--<G>). So far as
research costs, perhaps the sheiks would be interested in a scientific
study of this sort, since they seem to be the leaders right now in
racing research.
Bette (who is tired of "gut feelings" about tall horses having a more
difficult recovery time, or having bad conformation, bad breeding etc.
and wants to see some numbers either way (but not rich enough to fund
the study herself))

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov