Re: RC: Juniors and miles ridden

In a message dated 2/10/00 7:21:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
DAldr94141@aol.com writes:

<< Hi. Would someone answer a question or 2 about Juniors?
 Are there a certain number of miles juniors are allowed to ride without an
 adult present? Can a junior ride a 100 miler the whole way with no adult or
 does he need an adult to go the whole way or part of the way with him? We
are
 talking a highly experienced junior here. Thank you, Deb >>

The basic "junior" rule is that juniors must be accompanied by a sponsor the
entire distance.

Juniors MAY ride unsponsored if they a) have 500 or more career miles, b)
have parental permission, and c) have permission from management at the
specific ride in question.  However, they MAY NOT compete as juniors in the
junior division if they ride unsponsored--it is my understanding that
unsponsored juniors are placed in the appropriate adult weight division.

Heidi