Re Ibuprofen/aspirin

>My understanding is that it does.  I know several years ago when I was
>taking a LOT of it for a hip problem, my bleeding time was a loooong time
>(they do a bleeding time on you to see how fast your blood is or is not
>clotting).  Anyone care to interject with the finer points?  Our nurse
>friends who gave the safety presentation at our banquet are not on
>Ridecamp!  And THEY said to take Tylenol and not aspirin or advil for that
>very reason!  Not to mention the DOCTOR...

If you're over 40, however, always carry baby aspirin with you for sudden
onset of chest pain that can be determined to probably not be nerves or
indigestion or a broken rib...taking an aspirin at the onset of angina may
save your heart.  They give it routinely during cardiac emergencies...a
little life saving thing that drives OR heart nurses nuts when they get a
crash heart from the ER...not enough time for the aspirin to wear off
before surgery!  Not the best of circumstances, but it beats the
alternative. ;-)

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm