Re: Re: Fw: RC: endurance prospect, etc.

Dear Rebecca,
I would suggest that if you truly have that attitude about learning, you
will be the loser for it. I have already posted my views with reference to
this subject but feel that it is so important to point out that whether Tom
can ride around the block while being led is not at all a test of the
contribution he can bring to "the care and feeding of the horse" or better
the "training and supplementing of the equine athlete". So even if you are
put off by his style, try to look beyond that and get the information that
he so unselfishly offers. At least give yourself the opportunity to pick
what you can use and leave the rest. In my younger years (much younger), I
did a stint as a social worker specializing in child abuse and  neglect. One
of the oft used defenses thrown at me by some of the parents was "how many
children do you have?" I had none. "So don't tell me how to raise my
children when you don't even have any". Whaaat? Is there any logic to this
argument? I don't think so. Kind of like your questioning how many rides or
BC's Tom has done or achieved to validate his expertise in the use of
supplements to enhance performance. And though I am not the least inclined
to try "flat track racing" (not my style or inclination or talent), I
appreciate the milestones that have been achieved in these endeavors and
want to utilize anything that has been learned if it will help my own horses
in whatever their  level of participation in this game.
Pat Super