Re: H E L M E T S

> I, like others have been extemely lucky during my landings(without helmet,
with and without the horse on top of me), and only hope I can influence some
riders who like the wind in their hair.

Surely you don't want to influence others to NOT wear helmets. Why would you
do that?

The folks who don't wear seatbelts because someone they know was in an
accident and was thrown from the car thereby being saved from dying when the
car plunged over a cliff.......get real! Statistics don't lie. Statistically
you are far safer wearing seat belts.....ditto helmets. Nobody cares (well I
don't) if you wear a helmet, but to hope to influence others in this
decision is childish.

If you heard that somebody jumped from a plane and their parachute didn't
open and yet they lived to tell the story that you'd assume it was
unnecessary to wear a parachute when jumping from a plane. To use the logic
that so far you've had no head injuries, therefore you don't expect to ever
have any, is flawed thinking.

Sharon
So. California