Re: Re: RE: Re: helmets

<And since the automobile is a more likely source of bleeding (head
injury),
I suppose it shouldn't be used before driving. >

The above statement made no sense!  MY POINT WAS that in light of an injury
that a Michigan rider sustained last year coming off her horse at the start
of the race AND that she continued to ride after taking some ibuprofen for
her headache AND that she eventually ended up being airlifted to a hospital
and almost died AND that a medical professional (a DOCTOR) warned her to
warn her friends that taking the ibuprofen could have caused her to bleed
to death, I was SHARING information.  She probably should not have
continued to ride but how many of us really think that we could be injured
that badly just coming off of our horse (in the sand even)?  Defininitely
one should know the risks involved...if you are taking something for
thinning the blood, you should know and understand the risks should you
sustain a head injury.  Please don't kill the messenger here...I was only
attempting to share information that might help someone someday!
Certainly, if you have a better alternative, enlighten us!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657