Re: RE: exercises?

----- Original Message -----
From: Marlene Moss <marlene.moss@wcom.com>> reasons.  I think there is no
reason she can't get to the point where she
> can mount him, she is not a weak person.  We just need to train the
right>muscles I think.>

I didn't suggest your mom was weak.  *You* posted asking for exercises that
she could do that would strengthen her enough to be able to mount a horse
that you hadn't purchased yet and whose back she can't see over.  IMO, that
is like buying your jeans a size or two too small because you are going to
loose weight <G> !   I simply suggested that there are plenty of very good
smaller horses out there that are perfectly capable of carry an average or
heavyweight rider - and that your mom wouldn't need six weeks of strength
and flexibility training every spring before she hits the trail.

If your mom doesn't have the option of shopping around since you can get
this horse in a trade - that is between you and her.  I would suggest, like
other people, a mounting block so she doesn't wrench the horses back and
pull the saddle around - and a gentle, regular stretching routine along with
moderate strength training.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from
doing something worthwhile."   --Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865--1940)