Horse Vacations

Hi Rhonda,

One of my all time favorite horse resorts is the
Double JJ ranch in Michigan.  It is located on the
East shore of Lake Michigan about 2 and 1/2 hours from
Chicago.

You can bring your own horse.  They have many, many
horses for all skill level riders.  They have an
entire resort in the resort devoted to kids.  They
also have several adult activities also....

A few years ago they added a PGA level golf course
with lessons and the works.  They have a couple of
private lakes with great fishing, paddle boats,
canoes.  They swimming pools, swing sets, tennis,
horseshoes and hiking. If you like line dancing they
have that too.

The riding trails are beautiful.  Of course there are
no Rocky Mountains, but they do have hills and streams
and lake Michigan.

They have accomodations that range from bunk houses to
fancy chalets.  It is even open in the winter if you
want to dog sliegh.

They also have a real western rodeo every Friday nite.

Their phone number is (231) 894-4444.  I am sure they
will send you a brochure if would like.

I use to go a couple of times a year until got my own
horse and started riding long distance.

I am sure you won't be disappointed.  I have been to a
number of places out west and I still think the Double
JJ is the best.

Charles