reason for using Carbo Charge

Maybe I don't have a good reason, that's why I'm a
little nervous about it. Let me know what you think.
I've read all I could find in the Ridecamp archives
and Ti's new list Horsescience. The reason for my
horse, who doesn"t have 1000 miles, actually( 765,
close enough?) is; I plan on doing Death Valley this
year, it's our first 4 day, we did 2 days of Silver
State last year, my idea was just to give it to him (2
oz) each evening after the ride. From what Tom Ivers
has said it will help him to recover faster before
heading out again the next day. My horse is not the
very best eater, he will eat hay but turns his nose up
at grain at a ride, even beet pulp which he devours at
home. I'll come out in the morning and his grain is
gone, but I always suspect his buddy tied up next to
him ate it since I never see my horse eat it when I'm
watching. From what I've read CC can be a good
substitute for a grain meal? I also plan on doing out
first 100 at 20 Mule Team in February. I'm not sure
what my procedure would be with the CC  then, if I use
it at all. I don't want it to make my horse go
faster,longer, win, or whatever. I 'm thinking about
it because I drink a sports mix called Carbo Explosion
and it has vastly improved the way I feel when working
out.
Jennifer Kurtzhall