bit comparison pages

I built a bit comparison page this morning instead of getting out and
riding. :-)  I used a formula that was published in Equus a few years back
(Dr. Deb's formula), and listed each bit that I could get my hands on with
it's picture, specs, and the severity rating as calculated by my likely
faulty math.  There are about 15 bits.

http://www.redwrench.com/mischorse/bits/biteval.htm

There's a link from that page to a req.eq post that gave the formulas in
case you want to rate your bits.  In any case, rating a bit does give quite
a bit of insight into what components of a bit determine it's inherent
severity.

I also have a sidepull comparison page that I built last week:
http://www.redwrench.com/mischorse/sidepull/sidepulls.htm

And a Marciante vs. Saare comparison page that is a few weeks old:
http://www.redwrench.com/mischorse/saddles/saddles.htm

Happy trails and happy holidays!

Michelle
(Colorado)