Re: reason for using Carbo Charge

> State last year, my idea was just to give it to him (2
> oz) each evening after the ride. From what Tom Ivers
> has said it will help him to recover faster before
> heading out again the next day. My horse is not the
> very best eater, he will eat hay but turns his nose up
> at grain at a ride, even beet pulp which he devours at
> home. I'll come out in the morning and his grain is

I don't have a problem with 2 oz of CC after a ride, as carbs do help with
muscle glycogen depletion after a ride.  But I have my doubs that you would
see much of a difference---two ounces of anything other than plutonium just
aint that much in the big scheme of things.  Hopefully with some more
experience, your boy will start eating better at rides.  I'm increasingly of
the opinion that "eats like a damn pig" should be one of the top two or
three things to look for in endurance horse, right after "feet should point
downward".

If your horse will eat carrots, 7-8 pounds is equivalent in energy to a
pound of grain, and supplies a gallon of water to boot. :-)

Good luck,
Susan G