Re: RC: Re: Reno Forever?

BMcCrary27@AOL.COM writes:

<<  My experience in the past is that the general meeting has
 often had pathetically poor attendance.  It was someone's suggestion that at
 the time the general meeting was being held there should be no other event
 taking place.  May be a good idea. >>

Barbara, I think that scheduling concept is a "must."  There should be a time
for the general meeting when there is no conflicting lecture or hot demo at
the trade show, and it needs to be publicized in the schedule in advance.  I
haven't even looked at the schedule for this year, but that was one of the
BIG complaints last year--for a long time the meeting wasn't even ON the
schedule, and then it was stuck in with a conflict at some point.  The
"convention" helps to draw members to the "meeting" but the "meeting" still
needs a time slot where it is the focus of attention.

Heidi