Re: RC: Reno forever?

> If I'm not mistaken it has always been one of the best fund-raisers for AERC.
>  And why should anyone be horrified at the idea?  Is it not possible for the
> convention to be an educational, social, and inspiring event and be a
> fund-raiser at the same time?  Why need these reasons be mutually exclusive?

They needn't be mutually exclusive.  What "horrifies" me is that the
convention is held _in_order_to_make_money, rather than being held
_in_order_to_serve_the_membership.  If it serves the membership well and
makes money on the side, so much the better, but making money should not
be the primary deciding factor in when, where and how the convention is
held.

And before you say "that's not true!" please tell me one other reason ever
expressed for having the convention in the West all the time. The only
reason I've ever heard is because it makes more money in the West, not
enough people come to the East, it doesn't make as much money in the East.

How about the potential for increasing membership in the East if you have
the convention here?

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310