Re: RC: Re: Reno Forever?

In a message dated 02/05/2000 2:04:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL
writes:

<< Barbara, I think that scheduling concept is a "must."  There should be a
time for the general meeting when there is no conflicting lecture or hot demo
at the trade show, and it needs to be publicized in the schedule in advance.
I haven't even looked at the schedule for this year, but that was one of the
BIG complaints last year--for a long time the meeting wasn't even ON the
schedule, and then it was stuck in with a conflict at some point.  The
"convention" helps to draw members to the "meeting" but the "meeting" still
needs a time slot where it is the focus of attention.

Yes, I remember what happened.  The convention center management had some
sort of conflict and they just shoved us aside.  We were wedged in somewhere,
as I remember.  I agree with what you are saying, and it's been recommended
that the general meeting should have NO competing events at the same time.  I
hope we can do that this year.

Barbara